Ever have those days were you don’t know what to wear, but you don’t want to look totally boring? Because I do. All the time. That is why on my extreme fashionista days (“Um, excuse me, but that’s not a bra, it’s actually a bandeau.”), I take the time to create a wardrobe that is stylish, comfortable enough, and stands out from the crowd. Your clothes should represent your personality. For example, I’m sweet, girlie, daring, but I also have a shy side. So, an outfit that would reflect my personality would be a short skirt and bright lipstick (because I’m daring), but it would be in a floral print (because I’m girlie and sweet), and I would wear it with a white t-shirt (because I have a shy side).
Helpful to Own
1. Be yourself! The most common way a fashion disaster occurs is when the wearer tries to dress like someone they’re not. (we’ve all been there a least once).
2. Confidence is the best accessory. Remember, no one will believe you own it until you start acting like you do.
3. Makeup is an accessory! Matching your eyelids to your purse or nails makes an outfit feel so much more complete.
4. If you’re not sure about your outfit, stash a pair of jeans in your tote (most purses are too small for jeans). If you’re feeling anxious about your outfit after two hours in public, just change.
5. Do your research! You can’t be a fashionista if you don’t know what you’re talking about.